Spice up your autumn with tomato jam
Tomatoes are a perfect candidate for a delicious and irresistible jam or marmalade. Paired with cinnamon, clove, chilli and apples, they make a juicy delicatessen you will reluctantly part from. We have prepared two fantastic recipes that will additionally spice up the beginning of autumn.
Spicy tomato jam with chilli
- 3 kg of tomatoes of exceptionally juicy and intense flavour (our recommendation is either Campari or Sunstream)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 spoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon of saltHalf a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of ground clove
- 2 spoons of liquid pectin (if you are using it)
Put the diced tomatoes into a large stewing pan together with other ingredients and stew over medium heat occasionally stirring up to a full boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture assumes the thick texture typical of jam, for which you will need approximately two hours. If you are using pectin, add it at the very end and simmer for one minute. Pour the jam into hot and sterilized jars, close and let it cool for a minimum of 6 hours.
Tomato and apple jam
- 2 kg of tomatoes – rajčice
- 500 g of apples
- 1 kg of sugar (you can add more or less, depending on the sweetness you wish to achieve)
- One lemon juice
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
Dice tomatoes, remove seeds and stems of the apples, then dice them and add together with tomatoes into a stewing pan. Simmer over medium heat until they have softened. Blend, add the remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Pour the jam into hot and sterilized jars, close and let them cool.